“Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
Sir John Whitmore
Coaching is not telling people what to do or providing answers to their questions. Coaching is helping people to discover the answers themselves. It is the art of inspiring, energising, and facilitating the performance, learning and development of those being coached.
As a personal coach, I help individuals develop a competitive professional advantage, make breakthroughs in personal development, and pursue their passions with purpose.
As a group coach, I use a variety of methods to work in a wide number of environments including coaching start-up business owners, working with teams to regroup and rebuild after restructure and supporting departments through career transition and redeployment.
What are the benefits of coaching?
- Discern and map out career options
- Increased self-awareness
- Increased creativity and innovation
- Improved learning, motivation and skillset
- Greater flexibility and adaptability to change
Why should I use a professional coach?
- Professional Advantage – career planning, advancement, lane-changing.
- Personal Pursuit – lifestyle change, goal setting, mind-set shift.
- Tackling Time & Tasks – personal productivity for mortals.
- Career Direction – role change, redundancy, job loss.
- Mature Transition – career planning, downshifting.
“Personally, Jon has inspired and encouraged me to punch above my weight and to persevere in my career goals no matter what.”
John Hilario, Legal Officer at Royal New Zealand Navy